BANDAI NAMCO Research Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “BANDAI NAMCO Research”)
takes the following measures for the protection of personal information.
- BANDAI NAMCO Research’ handling of personal information of its customers will comply with pertinent laws and regulations.
- BANDAI NAMCO Research will acquire the personal information of its customers lawfully and rightfully. It will not use wrongful methods to acquire such information. It will give individual and public notice of its intended use of personal information to the customers to whom such information relates. In the event it needs to use such information for purposes other than the said purpose, it will provide notice of the new purposes of such use and only use such information after obtaining the customers’ consent.
- BANDAI NAMCO Research will implement appropriate measures to prevent unauthorized access to or loss, destruction, alteration, or disclosure of customers’ personal information.
- In the event BANDAI NAMCO Research entrusts the handling of personal information of its customers to an outside party, BANDAI NAMCO Research will execute the necessary agreement(s) with such party and will supervise such party appropriately.
- In the event BANDAI NAMCO Research receives a request from a customer to disclose, correct, discontinue the use of, or delete that customer’s personal information, it will take the appropriate action after verifying the identity of such consumer.
- Except in the following cases, BANDAI NAMCO Research will not disclose a customer’s personal information to a third party:
(1) Cases where the customer agrees to such disclosure.
(2) Cases where the information is disclosed in a form whereby the customer cannot be identified (for example, in the form of statistical data).
(3) Cases where BANDAI NAMCO Research is required to provide such information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and/or other relevant laws.
(4) Cases where such third party who has received such personal information (e.g. an outside party which has been entrusted with the handling of personal information by BANDAI NAMCO Research) shall not be deemed a “third party” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- BANDAI NAMCO Research will review and improve its measures for the protection of personal information on an ongoing basis.
BANDAI NAMCO Research Inc.
Handling of Personal Information
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
BANDAI NAMCO Research will use the personal information of its customers to the extent necessary to achieve the following purposes:
- To verify the identity of customers of BANDAI NAMCO Research when they use its services;
- To inform the customers of BANDAI NAMCO Research about its services and products, and to send promotions, surveys and direct mails;
- To send BANDAI NAMCO Research products and premiums;
- To respond to inquiries from the customers of BANDAI NAMCO Research;
- To use such personal information (including footage identifying individuals which has been shot at shows, events, or location tests) as material for the research, development, and sale of BANDAI NAMCO Research’ products;
- To perform appropriately and smoothly the services entrusted by other business entities when such services include the handling of whole or part of such personal information;
- To achieve the purpose specified separately in the specific situation where BANDAI NAMCO Research has obtained such personal information (if any).
In order to provide our customers with improved services, cookies may be used on websites operated by BANDAI NAMCO Research. These cookies will not breach customers’ privacy. Each website where cookies are used will clearly indicate the purpose of use of such cookies respectively in advance. Depending on the browser you use, you may be able to change its settings so as to deactivate the cookie function. As a consequence, however, you may not be able to access some or any of the services provided on our web pages.
Links to Other Websites
BANDAI NAMCO Research accepts no liability for the handling of personal information of its customers which has been provided to a third party at such party’s websites that are linked to websites operated by BANDAI NAMCO Research.
Provision of Personal Information of Minors
In cases where BANDAI NAMCO Research intends to obtain personal information from minors, it will do so after obtaining the consent of their legal representatives as necessary.
Inquiries concerning Personal Information
For any inquiries concerning your personal information, please contact the following e-mail address:
Please note that any inquiries other than those regarding the handling of personal information will not be responded to through this e-mail address.
Request for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information
If you request us to disclose, correct, discontinue using, or delete your personal information, or notify you of the purpose of use of your personal information, please contact the e-mail address above. We will inform you of the necessary document(s) and procedure. The following fee will be charged for your request(s) to disclose your personal information and notify you of the purpose of use of your personal information. No fee will be charged for your request(s) to correct, discontinue using, or delete your personal information.
Payment Method: Fixed-amount postal money order (issued by post office)
Please note that in cases where the personal information disclosure request form submitted by you was incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to respond to you appropriately. We will use your personal information provided by you through the personal information disclosure request form for the purpose of responding to your request of disclosure, etc. of your personal information appropriately, and we will keep it strictly confidential for a certain period. Please note that we will also not be able to return your submitted request form and the attached documents when we are unable to verify your identity.
Posted on April 1, 2019